Floral

Thursday 11 May 2017




I fell in love with that blouse up there. Infact I fell in love with the whole look and vibe. Oh to be seventeen again and looking so sweet and nonchalant and effortlessly cool. It's a French brand of course. Soeur.Fr

But I was too lazy to order it and deal with the overseas postage and it's not the cheapest little chemise on the block and I know with me, it's all in the thrill of the chase. So I did a bit of looking around and came up with ....




That will do nicely thank you! The other thing I know about me is that the cheaper the item, the more wear I get out of it as I'm not so precious. And I can see this becoming one of those throw it on numbers which does the work for you. You look like you've made an effort even if you haven't. I rather dislike clothes which are hard work, a tug down here, a hoick up there. You know what I mean. Anyway, it is 100% cotton with a cute little frill neck detail. I like that it's a button up which means I can wear the collar open which is how I prefer to wear my shirts and blouses - kind of relaxed. Oh yes and as it wasn't the most expensive shirt on the block, there are a few factors to consider - it's not the finest or thickest cotton and there were a couple of untidy threads around the button holes which I quickly sorted out. The embroidery doesn't also extend round the back but I figured that what I can't see, I won't worry about. If you're happy with that - go for it. It's cute and easy to throw on. And one last thing ... I sized up as the arms were a little snug. Big sigh.



Sandals (old but similar here)
M&S Bag (old but nice alternative here)





7 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Sue - I deleted my first comment as it had funny symbols in it?! Anyhow - what I said in it was: I love the French one but the boohoo is a fantastic, on-point alternative- great find x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries about the symbols Bean, just leave them next time. Anyway the little Boohoo one is not too bad for the price. Kind of H&M quality but I can get by on that seeing as how half my wardrobe seems to be H&M these days. This was my first Boohoo order - now I need to make my first Bershka one! I'm after your tee.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Only £20 love this. Very tempted. That French one is amazing! But you've defo found a very lovely similar one, you're fab at this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you tell me how tall you are? I love these jeans but am not sure how they would look on me. Also, Boohoo have 20% of everything until 3 pm today - I will be taking advantage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just about 5ft 2 and I'm wearing the short length. They are a definite cropped ankle grazer style. But they do come in regular and long as well. Hope that helps!

      Delete

Susie So So